Methodist Chapel, Chapelfield, Norwich NR2 1SD
June 11 th 10am-4pm
Independent Working Class Education presents:
The Labour Movement: Where’s it from? Where’s it going?
In association with Labour activists from across East Anglia the IWCE invites you to a Day School for political activists and trade unionists looking at historical and contemporary issues facing the Labour Movement.
Parking is limited at the venue but available at the school behind.
- Introductions-Who are we? What brings us here? Where are we active?-all participants
- The IWCE – Purpose and practice- Keith Venables and Dave Welsh
- The Plebs League and Chartism- Colin Waugh
- The Agricultural Workers Union- Lessons from History- Dave Berry
- Jeremy Corbyn- Election or Oblivion- Dave Berry
Lunch: A small sandwich lunch will be provided
- Domestic Violence: A Workplace Issue- Jenny Webber & Ann Skipper
- How do we improve education/activism-Jenny Webber
- What next? Where next? How do we organise- All
- Sessions will be about one hour in a participatory style with discussion and debate.
To book a place email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Colin Waugh- Colin is a UCU members and a retired FE lecturer in London. He is the author of “The Plebs League” about the Ruskin Strike and inspiration for the IWCE.
David Welsh David is a RMT member and part of the TUC Britain at Work Project. He was also a member of the GLC Transport Committee
Dave Berry- Dave is an experienced GMB convenor from the gas industry and also served as a Labour Councillor. Currently based in Sheffield and member of Momentum.
Jenny Webber- Jenny is a GMB member from Lowestoft and former GMB Education Officer. She is currently training union stewards in West Africa and serves on employment tribunals.
Ann Skipper- Ann is an experienced activist from the GMB Lowestoft Branch.
For more information about the http://iwceducation.co.uk/